Amazing Icon "Vladimir Icon of Our Lady"
A series of beautiful icons by the Spanish manufactory Credan SA. In 1975, from the small manufactory Creaciones Dangel, the company CREDAN was established, not forgetting the craftsmanship created by a carefully selected team of people. Since then, Credan
SKU: CRDNSA-329184
See other products from category Icon of the Virgin Mary or from manufacturer CREDAN SA
Description
Series of beautiful icons by the Spanish manufactory Credan SA.
In 1975, the small workshop Creaciones Dangel was transformed into the company CREDAN, without forgetting the craftsmanship created by a carefully selected team of people. Since then, Credan products have been known and admired worldwide.
The quality of the raw materials used (including 24-karat gold), refined design, and incredible elegance have made the company's clients the most influential people from around the world.
The production process is time-consuming and meticulous to ensure an amazing appearance and craftsmanship, and the raw materials meet the highest quality standards—from gold, silver, and copper to carefully selected wood.
We would like to present to you the exceptionally beautiful iconography of saints by Credan SA.
In Włodzimierz, a significant part of the buildings from the glorious times of the Włodzimierz-Suzdal principality has been preserved, making it one of the most interesting tourist cities in Russia. It is classified as part of the so-called Golden Ring, which includes about ten cities in central Russia with unique architecture and historical significance. All preserved monuments from the 12th-13th centuries were built from white limestone imported from the Volga.
Assumption Cathedral of the Mother of God (Успенский собор) was built between 1158-60 by masters from Germany, rebuilt after a great fire in 1185, during 1185-1189, and has remained largely unchanged since then. Fragments of frescoes from the 12th-13th centuries survive, along with more complete frescoes by the greatest Russian medieval artist, Rublev, from 1408. In 1810, a bell tower was erected next to the cathedral, replacing the old one damaged by lightning in 1806.
Since 1164, all the grand princes of Rus have been crowned in this church, until Prince Ivan III the Terrible moved the ceremony to Moscow in 1462. During this period, the church was also the resting place of the grand princes’ remains and a site for Orthodox Church synods. The main relic of the church (and all of Rus) was the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God (moved to Moscow in 1395).
The original building was externally clad with marble slabs, the dome gilded, and the copper roofs decorated with wrought silver ornaments. Frescoes were created inside in 1161. The liturgical equipment mostly consisted of items made from pure silver and gold. In Kyiv, the main gates were also commissioned to be made from pure gold, but they were never produced. After fires or looting in 1185, 1238, and 1412, the interior furnishings had to be completely reconstructed each time. The current furnishings are associated with the revival of the church’s importance from 1645, when relics of Saint Prince Gregory were transferred to the church, and in 1702, the relics of Princes Andrey Bogolyubsky and his son Gleb. Between 1768 and 1774, Empress Catherine II funded a new iconostasis, interior reconstruction, and decoration in the Italian Baroque style. During this renovation, most of the old (medieval) decor was removed, including the frescoes by Rublev, which were painted over and replaced with new Baroque ones. In the 19th century, silver decorations for the tombs of rulers and saints were added.
- Manufacturer
- Credan SA
- Model
- 329184
- Dimensions
- 15x19 cm
- Processing Time
- depending on stock availability
- Shipping/Gift
- upon request, shipping to the specified address in an elegant gift box, with the option to include a card with a dedication or wishes
Attributes / Details
| SKU | CRDNSA-329184 |
| Manufacturer | CREDAN SA |
| Model | 329184 |
See catalog
Reviews
No reviews for this product.