It is not surprising that Columbus globes quickly became and continue to be Europe’s best-selling line of luxury globes. Each globe is handcrafted with precision in Germany.
This elegant and modern globe designed to support an upright row of books is defined by perfection.
Columbus - famous German manufacturer - was founded in 1909. Since that time this luxurious brand has established itself as a leader in production of professional globes.
Luxury in the office is not only in the eye of the beholder. Luxury is defined by perfection, solid materials and touch of elegance. Columbus has it all!
Countless prestigious honors attest to the fact that Columbus is the world leader in quality, luxury and customer satisfaction.
- Columbus does not just print globes and maps; Columbus strive to create an incredibly deep, flawless shine.
- It all starts in their state-of-the-art ‘clean printing room’, where their craftsmen work just with superior acrylic sheets.
- Bringing in all kind of papers is strictly forbidden, because it would bring in fine paper dust particles which could later be attracted in the printing process.
- Printing up to 18 successive layers of colors, there’s a curing process between each layer, along with an inspection and careful cleaning.
- Furthermore COLUMBUS is able to print in a very high resolution that allows you to see very clear mountain reliefs. Once the printing is complete, a high gloss clear coat layer is applied over the entire map, than it is sent back for inspection to their cartographic department.
- Duo globe bookend
- base/meridian - stainless steel, wood, sphere - plexi
- diameter (cm) 12
- (cm) 15
- countries in different colours, mountains ranges, seas and ocean currents
- depends on stock availability
- If you wish to send the order as a present, the item will be gift-wrapped and sent together with a greeting card, in which you can also include a personalised message
- If you wish, any text (e.g. initials or dedication) can be engraved or embossed